Nuclear Lifting 2018
Discover engineering solutions to the technical and environmental challenges facing those conducting high risk lifting at the Institution of Mechanical Engineers’ 7th Nuclear Lifting Seminar – the only event of its kind dedicated to lifting projects in the nuclear industry.
Attend this event to explore long term strategies, unique safety cases and cost-effective design that meet regulated standards. Furthermore, understand how best to conduct complex and high risk lifts on decommissioning, operational and new build nuclear sites.
Confirmed sessions include:
- The Office of Nuclear Regulation (ONR) provides a detailed overview of all the relevant good practice within UK Law, approved codes and practice and British and European Standards
- Radioactive Waste Management Ltd (RWM) discuss their latest vertical shaft hoist implementation for up to 65 tonne lifts in an underground disposal facility
- Dounreay Site Restoration Ltd share the lessons learned from the rail failure of a nuclear polar crane
- Sellafield Ltd will outline their fresh approaches for assessing and carrying out challenging lifts at their site
- EDF Energy present best practice and insights during the procurement and design of the polar crane in use at Hinkley Point C