- This event has passed.
Nuclear Lifting 2018
29 November 2018
Discover engineering solutions to the technical and environmental challenges facing those conducting high risk lifting at the Institution of Mechanical Engineers’ 7th Nuclear Lifting Seminar – the only event of its kind dedicated to lifting projects in the nuclear industry.
Attend this event to explore long term strategies, unique safety cases and cost-effective design that meet regulated standards. Furthermore, understand how best to conduct complex and high risk lifts on decommissioning, operational and new build nuclear sites.
Confirmed sessions include:
- The Office of Nuclear Regulation (ONR) provides a detailed overview of all the relevant good practice within UK Law, approved codes and practice and British and European Standards
- Radioactive Waste Management Ltd (RWM) discuss their latest vertical shaft hoist implementation for up to 65 tonne lifts in an underground disposal facility
- Dounreay Site Restoration Ltd share the lessons learned from the rail failure of a nuclear polar crane
- Sellafield Ltd will outline their fresh approaches for assessing and carrying out challenging lifts at their site
- EDF Energy present best practice and insights during the procurement and design of the polar crane in use at Hinkley Point C