International Conference on Radioactive Waste Management: Solutions for a Sustainable Future
November 1 - November 5
The International Conference on Radioactive Waste Management: “Solutions for a Sustainable Future” is organised by the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA). It will take place in Vienne in November 2021.
The purpose of the event is to share experiences in the management of radioactive waste, with the aim of increasing the visibility of progress, good practice and effective solutions.
The conference aims to foster information exchange on current progress and solutions in the area of radioactive waste management. The Conference will also highlight the effectiveness of radioactive waste management techniques and technologies as currently applied and will contribute to promoting the adoption of good practices and well-integrated approaches for the future.
Topics to be covered will include:
- national programmatic perspectives
- implementation of waste management strategies
- solutions for specific wastes
- role of the safety case development in supporting radioactive waste management
- socio-economic aspects of radioactive waste management programmes
- integrated waste management
- multinational cooperation in radioactive waste management