The INSIDER Final Workshop is expected to take place on 16 & 17 of September 2021 in Avigon, France. Four years after the launch of INSIDER, this Final Workshop will be a great opportunity for participants to meet and to highlight the final results of the project. Key findings from the research carried out in INSIDER will be presented to a wide audience.
The Final Workshop will have a special focus on Circular Economy in the context of nuclear decommissioning and dismantling operations and of nuclear waste management.
The Final Workshop will be organised as a side-event of DEM 2021, the International Conference on Decommissioning Challenges, which is held by SFEN (French Nuclear Society Technical Section). This event will take place in the Palais des Papes, Avignon, France.
A hybrid workshop format
The workshop will be hybrid. It will be possible to attend online or in-person in Avignon. Online attendants will be receive a link to connect to the workshop prior to the start of the event.
Registration is now closed.
The programme includes several sessions. Day 1 will focus on “Sustainability and Circular Economy Principles in Nuclear Decommissioning”. Day 2 will focus on INSIDER Scientific/technical Highlights.
Download the agenda.
The INSIDER Final Event will high-level experts in the field of nuclear energy:
- Laura ALDAVE (JRC)
- Khalil AMGAROU (CEA)
- Frederic ASPE (CEA)
- Enrico BASTIANINI (Sogin)
- Sven BODEN (SCK-CEN)
- Stéphane BOURG (CEA)
- Gianfranco BRUNETTI (European Commission DG ENER)
- Marielle CROZET (CEA)
- Severine DEMEYER (LNE)
- Yvon DESNOYER (Geovariances)
- Margarita HERRANZ (UPV EHU)
- Karolina JANATKOVA (European Commission)
- Horst MONKEN-HERNANDEZ (IAEA)
- Paolo PEERANI (JRC)
- Michel PIERACCINI (EDF)
- Stéphane PLUMERI (LNE)
- Danièle ROUDIL (CEA)
- Ben RUSSEL (NPL)
- Magali SALUDEN (CEA)
- Christophe XERRI (IAEA)
The Final Workshop will be organised as a side-event of DEM 2021, the International Conference on Decommissioning Challenges, which is held by SFEN (French Nuclear Society Technical Section). This SFEN international conference is a unique opportunity to share worldwide experience in the field of Decommissioning:
- Dismantling Strategy and Program Development
- Regulation Evolution
- Development of New D&Ds’ Technologies
- Initial Radiological State Characterization
- Project Feedback Experience
- Material and Radioactive Waste Management
- Buildings and Sites Rehabilitation, Economic and Financial Aspects of Dismantling Operations
- Stakeholders Involvements and Public Acceptance
- Digital Contribution to Dismantling Operations
- Decommissioning of Damaged Nuclear Facilities.
Palais des PapesPlace du Palais84000 AvignonFrance